Saturday, May 7, 2011

Growing up. Slowly but surely.

I went house hunting today. I actually (and amazingly) got pre-qualified for a loan. Say a little prayer that I'll find a quaint little house.

Looking back, as a 16 year old, I thought by 26 I'd be married, in a beautiful house with a kid on the way, with a job (in my field that I love). Well, I finally nailed the job. Now on to the other things. Why is it we dream so big when we're young? And why is it that no one tells us that life will probably not go exactly as we planned?

Do I wish someone had told me that? Probably not. I wouldn't have believed them anyway. 10 years ago, I was so bright eyed and optimistic. That's not to say that I'm not optimistic now. I'm just a bit more realistic and cautious. After life has thrown me a few curve balls- you begin to tip toe through life just expecting something else to happen.

Wish this first time homebuyer some luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment